Saturday, January 15, 2011

Book Progress to Date

Without assistance it is a slow progress for the book.  I am editing the women one by one using the edits of my friends.  Then I send them off three at a time to my final personal editor.
I am e-mailing and snailmailing the stories of the living women to them for permission to publish and also for their editing if they want.  Then I will compile all the stories in the book.
Then the work begins because I can already see the word count will be too high.  I may just send it off to my editor for him to make the cuts.  The longer version will be posted on the website I have been told.
I have finally received my royalty advance and I have been asked to supply art for the book cover so this is going to happen!
I have taking some similar books out of the library and purchased one to see what format for the book should be.  I am learning a lot about book publishing and editing on the fly.  My next book, if any will be better.
I am looking forward to a vacation for a while after this and then launch into the next project.
In order to releive my stress, I will go back to having a massage and I go to Yoga practice at the Y every Friday.  It is a Yoga class at 6:15 Am  on Friday, but noone shows up but me.  So I have free private lesson.  The instructor does not mind.  Sometimes she needs it as well.

That's all for now.
Jeannette

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Jeannette! I have ideas of my own that I do want to focus on at some point.

    ReplyDelete