Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good News about the Book Progress

Sorry I stopped posting.  I finished the book in March and submitted it after it was edited by my housemate (the English major).  Then I went on vacation and to attend the American Chemical Society meeting.  I just got tired of writing, but I will write about my experience as a new writer.

What I want to talk about now is the production schedule.  I got an e-mail from my production editor and the printer about the schedule.  Tomorrow June 16 I should receive the copy edited copy of the book.  I have until June 30 to accept or correct the book according to what the copy editor wants.  This will be the only time I can make major changes to the book.  I have alerted all the women who wrote their own stories that I might be calling upon them to accept or make changes.  We have to keep to the schedule as it is very tight.

Next the book will be typeset for printing and I will receive the galley proofs on or about July 23.  I can only look at the galleys for major spelling errors but I can't make major changes then.  I also will have to write the index of the book.  I could not do this before because I did not have the pages. I hope that part will go well since I have never done this before, but that is like a lot of things about book writing that are new to me.  I have until August 23 to get this done.

From then on the book gets printed by October 16 and publication date is December 15.  Which means you will have books to give out as Christmas gifts!  I will give books to all the women and or their relatives in the book.  If they want more I will sell them to them at my author's price.

I am very excited about this but I have a lot of work to do between now and the end of the summer, so  vacation is over.

Jeannette Brown
Sisterchemists LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment