Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday of Week II

Well guess what? I finally started writing and it was not painful at all. Thursday I spent the day procrastinating by looking for some information about Dr. Marie Daly that I had all along. I started the article about Dr. Daly when I wrote. The people who reviewed my book proposal wanted me to gear the story to young women so I started by setting up a scenario in which they would be living in the early part of the twentieth century and be a young Negro girl. I hope I did it right. Then I attached the segment that I had written about Dr. Daly for "African National Biography" I have been told that I could site myself. I changed the segment by adding more information. This segment about Dr. Daly is long, but that is OK, as I have decided for all the segments in the book I would make them longer than the final version. This way I will get all the pertinent information into the segment and we can edit it down to the right length. To me this makes sense since it would be harder to add more information than to delete it.

In some segments, I may be adding information because I will write and add more info as I do more research.

I feel good now as the weight of starting to write is off my shoulders. I was going to go to Washington DC on Wednesday to a meeting at the American Chemical Society, but since I was not able to write last week because the dog was sick I do not think I can waste the time. Writing some of the other segments will be harder because they have yet to be written. I did not write about all the women who are going to be in the book for African American National Biography.

Jeannette

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Brown, I am doing research on you for my chemistry class. I need your work and biographical information. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete