Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 2 Day 1

Well I still have not written anything but I did make progress. My editor sent me the booklet for authors.  It turns out his former assistant did not send me the the most recent information about that so I was looking for a glossy photo.  The most recent information says a high resolution scanned photo will do.
 I sent the photos of Dr. Marie Daly to the archivist at Einstein College of Medicine.  The archivist sent back the high resolution photos that I can use for the book.  Now I have to make sure I have permission to use them.  I have the name of the photographer that I will credit.  I guess I have to send a form to the archivist although she said it was OK since they did not take the pictures.
I also contacted the alumni association person at Einstein for information as to how to contact students and mentees of Dr. Daly.  Dr. Daly was part of a program to get more minorities to study to become doctors called the King-Kennedy program.  I have a photo of her with some of the students in that program.
The rest of the day was spent contacting two other women who will be in the book because their oral histories are ready for their review.  I needed to get them to send it to me and the person at the Chemical Heritage Foundation in charge of the women in science oral history program.
The dog is better but still not eating well.
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment